Last Updated January 2023
a. a customer at any Team Car Care, LLC Jiffy Lube® Service Center in the United States;
b. a visitor to jiffylubetcc.com website (“Jiffy Lube Website”);
c. a user of a Jiffy Lube International Inc. (“JLI”) digital application (“Jiffy Lube App”); and/or
d. as a participant in a sweepstake, contest, promotion or competition offered by Team Car Care, either alone or with a third party/ies (“Promotion”).
We do not sell your personal information.
Special Notice – if you are under 15 years old. Processing children’s personal information
Team Car Care does not intentionally collect personal information of those under 15 years old. If you are under 15 years old please do not send us your personal information (for example, your name, address and email address). If you are under 15 years old and you wish to ask a question or engage with us in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
What personal information do we collect? Categories and sources of information collected
Information You Provide. We may collect and process any personal information you provide to us including personally identifying information (such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, communications and marketing preferences and consents), information about your vehicle including license plate number and vehicle location, responses you voluntarily provide to surveys, your participation in any Loyalty Program, that gathered through a Jiffy Lube App and/or Jiffy Lube Website. If you choose to enter a Promotion, we will gather information necessary to allow you to participate and to award you with any reward if confirmed.
Information that we obtain through your purchase and use of Jiffy Lube services. We will collect information about how and where you use or purchase Jiffy Lube® branded services.
Such information may include electronic device information, credit card information, any discounts applied to your purchases, IP addresses, log information, browser type, and preferences, location information, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies.
Your purchase history includes information regarding (i) specific services you buy, (ii) the total amount of your purchases per transaction, (iii) the time and place of the purchases you make, (iv) the payment method, the type of card used, and anonymized or masked credit or debit card numbers, including payment methods embedded in the Jiffy Lube App (such as mobile payment option, if available).
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties or from publicly available sources but only as required for a legitimate business purpose (for example to improve the services offered to you).
For more information, see “My information” below.
Please Note: For information purposes, cookies (small text files) are used and will be stored on your device upon visiting our website, mobile website or visiting a third-party supplier. For more information refer to our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Information – for what purposes does Team Car Care process your information?
Team Car Care gathers and processes your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with services that you requested;
- maintaining and promoting contact and our relationship with you;
- sending administrative information or notices to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- account management including account verification (that is, ensuring that only you or someone you have authorized can access your account and information);
- customer service and development;
- performance and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- marketing, Promotions, and contests offered to customers of any Jiffy Lube® Service Center in the United States;
- detecting or preventing fraud;
- data analysis, for example, understanding which services are of most interest to our users;
- audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements; and
- providing you any information required by law.
On what grounds does Team Car Care process your personal information?
- where it is necessary to conclude a transaction with you (such as payment information);
- where it is necessary for Team Car Care or its affiliates to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- for legitimate interests of Team Car Care and/or its franchisees and affiliates such as for marketing and promotional purposes, for providing you with offers tailored to your preferences;
- for the purposes of detecting and investigating fraud, and/or responding to security threats; and/or
- with your explicit consent.
Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Where you choose not to provide us with information set out above for the purposes of using a Jiffy Lube App.
Where we provide you with marketing or promotional offers you can opt out of receiving such offers at any time. For more information, see “My information” below.
Who do we share your personal information with? Team Car Care operates a network of third-party business owners (each referred to herein as a “franchisee”). Your personal information may be shared with the following:
- Franchisees in the Jiffy Lube franchise network; and
- Affiliates within the Shell group of companies
Categories of third parties:
Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers. These may include marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our websites, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to sell, share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Third-Party Businesses. When you express interest in Promotions or services offered through our Jiffy Lube® Service Centers or marketing campaigns and where we have your consent to do so, we will share your expression of interest and contact details with the businesses with which we engage to offer you those products, services, Promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes.
With your consent, we may also share your personal information with a third-party tire manufacturer or its designee for tire registration purposes as necessary to carry out certain services if you purchase new tires from a Jiffy Lube® Service Center (if available in your market)
Other Situations. We also may disclose your personal information:
- With a competent public authority, government, law enforcement, regulatory or fiscal agency with jurisdiction over JLI, or as permitted by relevant state and/or federal law;
- As necessary or appropriate to enforce our terms and conditions, and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- With an entity to whom JLI proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties; including in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Aggregated and Non-personal Information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed.
You can, of course, choose not to provide us with certain information. Please note, however, that certain information may be required in order for you to obtain services from a Jiffy Lube® Service Center and/or participate in contests and promotions.
We aim to keep our information as accurate as possible. Any US resident, regardless of state of residency, can request the following:
- access to your personal information;
- correction or deletion of your personal information (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose such as completing a transaction);
- that you no longer receive marketing communications;
- that the processing of your personal information is restricted; and/or
- that you receive personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured, digital form to be transmitted to another party, if this is technically feasible.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise any of your rights listed above please contact Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6993 or complete the Jiffy Lube® Customer Service form on www.jiffylube.com/contact.
The request must:
- provide sufficient information for us to be able to verify you are the person whose personal information we hold or are an authorized representative of that person; and
- describe your request in enough detail so that we can properly locate the personal information the request or request relate to.
We cannot respond to your request unless we can verify your identity or your authority for an authorized agent to make the request on your behalf. We will aim to verify your identity based on personal information we already hold about you. If we need to request further information from you in order to verify your identity we will only use that personal information for the purposes of identifying you or that you have authorized the request. You may designate the authorized representative to make the request on your behalf subject to providing your proof of identity and/or signed authorization for the agent to act on your behalf.
Communicating with you
You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future.
We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service updates or administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (with your consent) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Only with your prior express written consent, we may call you or send you text messages for marketing purposes using autodialer technology. You will be given the opportunity, in any such communication, to opt-out of receiving future marketing communication. Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you, using any method, for marketing purposes by calling Team Car Care ® Customer Service at (972) 812-7900. We will implement your instructions within 30 days. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from our mailing lists by contacting Team Car Care Customer Service at (972) 812-7900.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your financial information and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
In all cases, where the personal information is transferred to authorized third parties whether inside or outside of the United States of America we take organizational, contractual, and legal measures to ensure that your personal information is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented to safeguard your personal information.
Although we take steps to secure your information, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Who can I contact if I have a question, concern or complaint?” section below.
Who can I contact if I have a question, concern or complaint?
If you have any issues, questions, or complaints regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at Team Car Care Guest Relations at (972) 812-7900 or by mail at Team Car Care 105 Decker Court, Suite 900, Irving, TX 75062.
*For the avoidance of doubt, these provisions apply to all individuals whose personal information is processed by Team Car Care in the United States of America regardless of state of residency. These rights are without prejudice to any additional rights you may have in line with local law.
In relation to your rights please see the section above entitled My information.
As stated above, we do not sell your personal information.
- denying you access to goods and/or services;
- charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing you a different level of goods and/or services;
- suggesting you may receive a different price or rate for goods and/or services or a different level of quality of goods and/or services.
However, you have the ability to participate in various programs which allows you to earn and redeem rewards and which requires you to provide your personal information as described above in order to do so. We consider any discounts reasonably relate to the value of your personal information. Note that you are provided with the material terms of the Loyalty Program when you join, and are asked to provide your opt-in consent to participate, which you can withdraw at any time.
Categories of Personal Information
The categories of personal information gathered about you during the preceding 12 months are those listed above under What personal information do we collect? Categories and sources of information collected but only to the extent this is relevant to you. For example, if you have used a JiffyLube® app or a service in the last 12 months.
Categories of Third Parties to whom Personal Information has been disclosed
The categories of third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information during the preceding 12 months are those listed above under Who will we share your personal information with? but only to the extent this is relevant to you. For example, if you have consented to us sharing your personal information with a promotion partner.