OPPORTUNITIES WITH US
General Manager (GM)
The General Manager (GM) is a management position within the service center. Specifically, they are 1st in command. They are responsible for driving positive sales consistently while creating a fantastic guest experience daily. It is an excellent opportunity to be a critical team player in the store’s overall success. Working closely with the District Manager (DM), the General Manager (GM) is responsible for coaching the teammates, ensuring the process is executed through the IOS process and driving store sales growth through traffic and core sales mix while achieving operational efficiency. In addition, you would have been trained and certified to perform all lubrication services, core ancillaries, customer service (CSAT), and advanced management through our internal training program.
Start Your New Career Today & enjoy job stability with Jiffy Lube as an Essential Business!
GREAT working hours – Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and CLOSED on Sunday
Team Car Care (TCC) owns and operates more than 550 Jiffy Lube auto service centers in North America. We offer a fun, fast-paced work environment with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical plans, 401(K), certification/tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations. At Team Car Care, we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician and management positions. In addition, we offer fast-track career advancement opportunities for hard-working team players who can deliver results. So, if you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with Team Car Care!
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to
- Working directly with the District Manager (DM), ensuring consistent revenue growth through growing guest count and lead measure performance such as core sales mix, MultiCare, and Core Plus. They will also coach and execute excellent customer service while creating an exceptional guest experience.
- Set a positive example as a leader while building team engagement and efficiency. They will be focusing on developing teammates by leveraging our internal training program and providing ongoing guidance, coaching, and direction.
- Ensure our quality control measures and processes are followed consistently
- Carry out other duties and projects necessary for the position, such as inventory, cash handling processes, guest issues, and concerns, and working with the District Manager on any critical initiatives
- Assist the District Manager (DM) with budgeting, sales forecasts, financial performance, expense controls, etc.
- Provide clear and detailed direction to the team consistently
- Follows and executes the IOS process to the letter, specicially the GM cadence
- Ensure that the service center is clean, safe, and presentable per the Guide to Excellence (GTE). Provide safety, security, and environmental leadership for all store personnel with thorough knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures, MSDS, waste policy compliance, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) plan, the company safety manual, and OSHA/EPA resources and compliance. Be prepared to provide swift and accurate direction to teammates or guests who may become injured on the job and report all incidents no more than 24 hours after the occurrence.
- Maintain the maintenance of the building, including equipment repair, grounds upkeep, air compressor, HVAC, flooring, bay nets, oil/water separator, interior, and exterior lighting, dumpster area, sump pump, waste oil system, tire rotation lifts, overhead doors, etc.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the automotive technicians and CSA’s
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the ongoing maintenance of the POS system.
- Provide supervision and training to teammates, including scheduling, coaching, performance management, and performance appraisals.
- Assist the District Manager (DM) in building and maintaining an engaged workforce that reflects customer volume and the business need
- Leads daily team huddles and store meetings. Setting the direction for achieving the business goals
- Manages inventory and product order that meets the business need
- Adheres and holds others accountable to all rules and regulations that maintain a safe and productive work environment for teammates and guests
- Open and close the store as needed
- Assist guests with their questions and needs. In-person, electronically, or via the telephone
- Partner with Loss Prevention (LP) to ensure policy compliance; promote honesty and integrity in all business transactions; report a theft of inventory, assets, and cash shortage over $10; and report all burglaries or robberies immediately to the LP department after emergency services your District Manager (DM).
- One to three years of retail management experience; Professional automotive experience is not required.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Is a proven leader that possesses the ability to inspire and motivate diverse groups of people
- Has sound business sense and a comprehensive understanding of the retail industry
- Can analyze, comprehend, and recommend financial objectives that help increase sales and service results
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude as well as professional conduct and appearance always
- Enjoys and is energized by a fast-paced, flexible, high-performance retail environment
- Has a “Guest First” mindset
- You must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to stand on your feet on hard surfaces like concrete or metal
- Expect to work in an environment in which you frequently experience hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, and exhaust fumes
- Must be able to lift and move work-related items up to 50 pounds
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
Team Car Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.